Our Commitment to Sustainability
As an industry-leading provider of electrical construction services, delivering optimal value while ensuring sustainability depends on our ability to prioritize economic, social, cultural, ethical and environmental considerations generated through our day-to-day operations.
For more than 125 years, our core values of safety, integrity, creativity, responsiveness, teamwork, respect and initiative have provided the foundation for how we conduct ourselves in the communities we live and serve. These values guide us to make the right investments in our people and business for the long-term, and aid our practices in preserving the environment for future generations.
For Our People
- We provide work environments that are safe, inclusive and ethical, and ensure that the safety, health and well-being of our people is our first priority.
- We provide opportunities for personal and professional growth and development, and invest in leadership training, mentoring and succession planning initiatives to equip our future leaders for generations to come.
- We have created in-house training courses specific to leadership, communication, relationship management and many more key competencies for our employees’ development.
- We respect and protect the rights of all people, and maintain a zero-tolerance policy for human trafficking, child labor and forced labor.
- Our partners, vendors, and subcontractors are evaluated on a number of factors prior to selection, which includes past performance, expertise, health, safety, environmental and ethical practices to ensure fair and safe labor conditions.
With Our Clients
- We collaborate with our clients to identify and ensure sustainable business practices that balance cost and risk on every project and strive for continuous improvement in our efforts.
In Our Business Operations
- We ensure that responsibility for sustainability occurs at every level of our organization; from our board of directors and executive committee to our management, and to field personnel.
- We expect our employees, subcontractors, partners and suppliers to exhibit behaviors and actions that exemplify the highest ethical standards, and to conduct themselves in accordance with our Vendor Code of Conduct, company policies, client expectations and requirements, and all applicable laws and regulations.
- We identify risk and opportunity to aid informed decision-making and strategic planning initiatives that focus on the long-term viability of MYR Group.
- We review sustainability trends and feedback from stakeholders to assess our performance, and to identify areas for improvement and development, as well as to establish associated monitoring programs.
- We identify viable opportunities to reduce the negative impacts of our business operations, such as reducing the use of toxic materials, conserving and preserving our natural resources, and reducing waste.
- We employ and utilize partners, vendors, subcontractors and suppliers who practice sustainability and align themselves with our sustainable principles and objectives.
In Our Communities
- We volunteer our time and contributions to support meaningful charitable causes that protect, preserve and enhance our communities.
- We provide our leadership and expertise to other industry organizations and causes.
- Whenever possible, we will support utilization of local and regional businesses in project locales, and strive to employ, train and mentor small and disadvantaged businesses and workers from indigenous/aboriginal/First Nations communities.
- We seek out and participate in opportunities to educate the next generation about careers in our industry.
Learn more about our Community Involvement.
With Respect for Our Environment
- We comply with all applicable environmental policies, laws and regulations and conduct operations in a manner which will control and minimize damage to the environment and protect the health and safety of our employees, partners, subcontractors and communities.